Next Game

Helfaer Field in Wisconsin is the location of our final game of the season. Game start time is 10:30am. Coach would like the players there at 9:30am. Now considering some of you are traveling to Wisconsin on Thursday, it should not be a problem. However for those of us heading up Friday it may a bit more taxing. Keep in mind when planning your travel that there is reported construction on 90/94.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Site news and our first game!

I know it's not an "official" game, but I for one am excited! I know this is going to be a hectic summer for all of us, so anything we can do to help eachother and the team out goes a long way. To this end I would like to include a contact page to the site. This way, if there are any parents out there who are anticipating a rough time getting to the field on time for pre-game warm ups there is a place for them to get phone numbers. Or another idea maybe is a car pool list? I'm not sure, maybe just the contact page will be enough. So, if there is a phone number or numbers you would like added to the list just shoot me an email and I will add it. If there are any aversions to this idea just let me know. Maybe we can just do a list and email it.

The site is starting to finally get some content. And once we get some games under our belt there will be more. Amy Singer and I will be doing game recaps, and we will have a team stats page once we get some stats to report that is. And as always any pics or video you capture at the games can be included on the site as well. All you need to do is email them to me. There is still room for another writer or two. If anyone would like to contribute an article please let me know and I can give you authoring access.

The player profiles are turning out great. I have gotten back about 5 or 6 so far and it seems the kids are having a good time answering the questions. Please remember to send a pic or two with the answered questions. For those of you who have already included a pic, thanks. If you have sent your sons answers back but did not include a pic please do so when you get a chance. Something baseball related would be best, but is by no means required. Again, these will be posted at an interval of one per week. Every Saturday is what I am shooting for. The current list looks like this (first come first served): Singer, Lanphier, Black, and Weede. Also, there will always be a section of the right sidebar with links to the profiles as they get posted.

I have made a couople "fixes" to the schedule. Originally the practices were scheduled for 5:30 during the week. This has been changed to reflect coach Bragg's wishes that they start at 5pm in order to ensure we have enough daylight. I also adjusted game times from 5:30pm to 5pm. This is because the coaches would like players at the field early for pre-game warm-ups. So just be aware that times that are on the schedule are the times the players need to report. NOT the games start time.

I have added a couple links as well. One for the Eteams site itself and one for that site's field locations. This will be where any other links will appear in the future as well. I have been trying to also get in touch with the webmaster from BaseballRox, but I have yet to get a response. I wanted to get permission to embedd their videos on our site as opposed to a link to the videos. I will continue my efforts on this front.

Over the next couple of weeks I will be adding a couple more items to the site to try and get the kids involved a bit more. The first thing I want to add is what is called  a shoutbox. It works sorta like a wall post on Facebook for those who are familiar with that site. Kids can write a message and others can respond, all in real time. These work really well on busy sites and should work well here too. The kids can chat about video games, baseball, and anything else they so choose.

That's all I have at the moment. But remember, anything you want to share with the team by way of pics, stories, etc.. just send me an email and I can post it on the site in it's appropriate place. If you have any questions about anything, or have any ideas of something to add to the site, just let me know. I will do my best to keep things updated within 24 hours of the event (email, game stats, stories, etc..).

1 comment:

  1. Tony - thanks for this info. I owe the site the first installment/recap from game one - and I am going to try hard to not get a complex from the fact that the team played so super well at the game I wasn't able to make - WOW guys - I'm so proud of you all.

    Sisters of the players - there has been some interest in developing a cheer squad for the 10 White team. For those of you interested, please see Tony's youngest daughter, Allysa, for more information!!!

    Go 10 White!!!!

    ReplyDelete